Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sunny Spain

So here I am in sunny Spain. I can't believe how much I lucked out weather wise when in England, but the afternoon before I left, the skies opened up and it seriously poured with rain bouncing off the pavement and puddles everywhere. I had a great time, and especially appreciated my friend Richard driving here there and everywhere, including the airport which was an hour and a quarter away! After various flight delays, we finally took off, and a few hours later, here I am in Madrid. I treated myself to a cab into town despite the expense as I was pretty beat and still have the sniffles, but it will be walking and metro from here on in. I have a cute hotel on the forth floor of a bustling street, but sadly don't have a room that faces the street. I suppose it will be quieter though as I hear the Spanish are real night owls. All for now, time to unpack and find myself a bit of dinner.

No comments: