Thursday, July 19, 2007

Serendipty pictures

So, I have finally gotten around to buying a new battery for my camera and have downloaded some long neglected photos including a few from Serendipty, Vancouver Children's Literature Roundtable's wonderful annual conference. Here are a few that I think you'll enjoy. Here's Ron Jobe, the man behind Serendipity and so many other wonderful Roundtable events.




And what a treat it was to hear Cornellia Funke speak. Here she is signing books. Of course there was no shortage of local talent either. From left to right is Irene Watts, Joan Betty Struchner, Ainslie Manson, and Norma Charles who blinked at the last minute. Julie Lawson is kneeling in front. Below, illustrator Janet Stevens , who was an absolute hoot, signs books. I wish I would have had more of a chance to chat with her, but I did at least get to introduce her, although I wish I would have had the low-down on her nickname for her sister for that introduction. Ah well, next time. And the last picture of the two lovely ladies is of Charlotte Teeple from the Canadian Children's Book Centre in Toronto on the left while on the right is the most talented Nan Gregory who books you definitely have to read if you haven't done so already.

No comments: