Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Eric Wilson was wonderful Grey Whales Ahead

Yes, I'm a little slow. It has been a couple of weeks since mystery writer Eric Wilson spoke at our Children's Literature Roundtable. With sales into the millions and publications in more than a dozen countries worldwide, you might expect him to be less humble. But, that just wouldn't be Eric. What a lovely man. Here's where you can find out more about Eric and his newest books http://members.shaw.ca/ericwilsonweb/.

In upcoming news, On March 20, and 21, I'll be visiting Tofino and Uclulet during their Pacific Rim Whale Festival. If I'm lucky I'll get to see the some of the 22,000 grey whales on their annual migration-the longest of any mammal; an estimated 16,000 km return trip. Very cool! While I'm there I hope I get a chance to stop by the studio of one of my favourite west coast artists, Mark Hobson. I have one of his limited edition grey whale prints over my bed. One of the few disadvantages of being a kids' book writer as far as I can see, is that I don't have enough money to buy more art! But then, there could be far worse things couldn't there. S.

No comments: