Friday, April 02, 2010

Easter Weekend



Had a lovely few days with my lady friends and a fantastic few days of writing. Woke up this morning to a tree down over my front walkway. I'm headed to Vancouver right after work to see my lovely three daughters; hopefully the ferries will be running and we won't encounter any other trees down on route. I have the chocolate eggs for the easter egg hunt (yes my girls still want an easter egg hunt every year even though they're in their 20's) and I have the turkey roast pan packed for our turkey dinner on Sunday. I think I'm expected to make apple pies on Saturday as the other baker in the family is putting in a 12 hour nursing shift at Vancouver Children's Hospital. Still, it will be fun to see everyone, and of course the ferry always gives me a few hours of reading time. I've got a pile of books I'm whittling away at. I just finished The Earth, My Butt, & Other Big Round Things by Carolyn Mackler and I'm hoping to get through Big Fat Manifesto by Susan Vaught. Hope all of you have a lovely easter weekend.

No comments: