Tuesday, June 05, 2007

And now May is gone too!

May has come and gone, and I'm finally settling down as I am pretty much at the end of my touring season. I have worked on several picture book manuscripts and am back to working on that mystery novel; well not exactly a mystery, but sort of. I'm am in the midst reading Noah Lukman's most excellent The First Five Pages which I highly recommend for both new and mid-list writers. I like to spend at least some time every year improving my craft as writing is one of those professions that you can always get better at. I have always had issues with dialogue although I'm pretty happy with the dialogue in The Smell of Paint. Lukeman has plenty of useful things to say about how to write it effectively. Needless to say, when it comes to this in process novel, more rewriting is in the cards for me. So, after a half day of working on my manuscript and another half day reading Lukeman and making notes, I'm disappearing into the garden for a little dirt therapy. Later. Sheryl

No comments: