Monday, February 01, 2010

Victoria Book Fair

What fun. I love book fairs, and I especially love book people. Once a year, all the book sales reps. meet up in Victoria to showcase what's coming up for the spring season. While the event is aimed at booksellers, I usually manage to get in to have a peak at what's coming and say hi to some old friends. I made it to last night's wine & cheese, where I caught up with all sorts of people I hadn't seen for a while. Mel Bolen of Bolen Books was there celebrating 35 years of bookselling. Congratulations Mel. Sadly, so were some of the folks from Duthie's books; a Vancouver bookseller that has weather their share of hard times and recently closed it's doors. I was pleased to see that Jim Munro from Munro's Books is still going strong. I met up with the folks who rep. my books, ran into Susan Juby who will be speaking at this morning's author breakfast (wish I could have gone to that; she is so funny), and the always charming David Buchard in his buckskin jacket. All in all, a lovely night, and best of all, still home in time to read a few pages of a good book.

No comments: