Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Who knew Madrid had TWO TRAIN STATIONS



Not much more to report. More touring, more sightseeing, more tapas eating and wine drinking. I did spend a pleasant hour in Plaza Mayor, reading my book, watching the human statues who were still the entire time, and listening to some wonderful music. It was exquisite, especially after having spent an hour & a half in line at Atocha train station to buy my ticket to Leon (with an accent) only to find that I want the OTHER train station! Who knew Madrid had two train stations! Of course I would have had I read the guide book which I did after the fact!



One of the things I have really liked about Spain was the high value put on art & architecture. There is art everywhere (old & recent) and even modern buildings are interesting.



No comments: