Thursday, May 13, 2010

tax time


Home again and immersed in taxes. Yah yah, tax time has come and gone, but I'm just getting to it, wading my way through paper piled practically to the rafters. Thinking back over a year it's hard to believe I actually considered changing careers...It turns out that my income this past year is about the same as the year I began my writing career...so sad. Fortunately this year, luck is with me...I've received writing grants from both The Canada Council and The BC Arts Council and I'm lucky enough to have Suzie Townsend of Literary FinePrint Management as my agent. Life could not being looking better.

And speaking of Suzie, I just received two books from her in today's mail. She calls her self a book-fairy with good reason. Not only is she an insightful editor, she sends books! I can't wait to read them. The first is I heart you, You haunt me by Lisa Schroeder, and the other is an ARC The Duff by Kody Keplinger. (no image yet available). I'm tempted to crack the covers, but taxes first...well, maybe a little peek...damn you Suzie!

1 comment:

suzie townsend said...

Yay! So glad you got the books :) I can't wait to hear what you think of them!!!