Friday, February 06, 2009

Happy February



It's true. I've been a total slacker in the blogging department, although, not in all things. Victoria's first white Xmas since the 1970's has come and gone, including all this snow in my front yard. With the holidays well behind me, I have begun reading stories for the Canadian Children's Book Centre's national writing contest. This year I'll be judging grade 4 stories, and so far I have read some real gems. I've kept busy with school visits to Ranch Park and Baker Drive Elementary Schools in Coquitlam, a visit organized by the wonderful Sandra Chan, the librarian of both schools. She and I manage to organized the visit while I was traveling in Spain last year. I also had the great pleasure of visiting James Bay Community School here in Victoria. Dedicated librarian Steve Marta organized the school's literacy week around my vist which included a new authographed book for every single student in the school. To top it all off, he was a super host.

Now that things have quieted down a little, I'm back to working on my next novel, and looking forward to picking out my new puppie from the litter of my friend's mixed miniature poodle cross. Right now I'm anxiously waiting for the pups to be born. Soon though I'll bet my new dog will give me plenty to write about. Until next time...Sheryl

No comments: