Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Update

So, I'm home now and will be for several weeks after pretty much being on the road for several months. Such a busy fall with multiple trips to Vancouver, up-Island, Toronto, Arizona and Seattle. But, being home has not been quite as relaxing as I'd hoped as I arrived just in time for a major snow storm, power outages, and artic weather hammering the usually wet West Coast. I spent three hours digging out my car and shoveling foot deep snow. I trudged to the grocery store in my rubber boots (I don't own winter boots) and came home with blocks of ice instead of feet! I must admit, it is pretty though, especially now that I have power back and can make a cup of hot tea and I don't have to rely on very wet wood and an ineffient fireplace and piles of blankets to keep me warm. So, aside from getting ready to host the last Children's Literature Roundtable of the year, judge a kid's writing contest for the Canadian Children's Book Centre, and work on my next book, catch up on letters and emails resulting from dozens of school and library visits, I have glorious time to read read read....

Sadly, what wasn't waiting for me was book reviews for my new book. If you read it (The Smell of Paint), and like it, and I hope you do, think about writing a review for Amazon. Sigh...Getting a book review for a kid's book is almost as hard as getting one published! Until next time...Sheryl

No comments: